Haralson County was created in 1856 from parts of Carroll and Polk counties. Georgia’s 112th county was named for General Hugh A. Haralson, a U.S. Congressman and an officer in the state militia.
The old county courthouse, built in 1891 and now home of the local historical society, is a prime example of a public building constructed in the Queen Anne style. The clock tower was added in 1897.